Forums

Latinas and Eating Disorders (156)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

ynnovak
ynnovak

Female, 48, Blauvelt, NY

Posted April 16, 2007

I think every female is under pressure, with these shows,"america's top model",etc...
I'll tell you one thing though,when i was growing up I wanted to have curves. I felt like an outcast because i was small and thin. I'm dominican and cuban,and grew up in a dominican community where everyone around me had these curves at ,like 10 yrs old. I wished for them.
now, I have my little curves and Im happy.
I say one should be happy with what they have.
what's inside is most beautiful and it shines thru.

ynnovak
ynnovak

Female, 48, Blauvelt, NY

Posted April 16, 2007

AdoboGoya
AdoboGoya

Male, 38, Wharton, NJ

Las mujeres que me criarion todas tenian curvas, ninguna era flaca como "Hollywood" nos dicta. Gracias a eso, es lo que busco en una mujer. Curvas y un poquito "extra". Afortunadamente todavia existen las mujeres que saben lo que en verdad es belleza y no se dejan llevar por las influencias de la television y la media.

Pal carajo con las flacas y las que no tienen curvas. Mandenme las que tienen curvas que mi mama me dio frenos "Anti-Lock" .. =D

chevere

Bodiquachica
Bodiquachica

Female, 33, Baltimore, MD

Posted April 19, 2007

I can tell you this much, I may be big... but i have no problems breathing, and am actually, (other than my weight), am very healthy.... i don't get tired fast and i definatly dont have odors as one obviously uneduacated person above has mentioned.... i know i am bueaiful, because its all a state of mind. i once heard this poem called "state of mind" i completely forget how it goes, but i remember one part.... and it goes like this.... "the one who wins in the one who thinks he can".... ok... it says nothing about how thin or how big you are. why do people put so much thought into weight?? when i see a person, i see a person... i dont see weight... i don't care if u are as thin as a rail or as big as a mack truck.... because if you are "sexy" but your personality sucks.... then you have nothing going for you. but if you are not sexy, and have a great personality... you've got all you need.... but no matter how you look or how you think.... if you do not have confidence you have nothing. And to all of you superficial people who see only looks... you might let the girl or guy of your dreams pass you by, and you will never know it. And now... i also can agree with some of the superficial people... i know a lot of people who are big, and have that whole tired breathing thing because they are too tired to even breathe.... and i agree when some one gets like that it's sad... but those people don't need you to ridicule them, they need some one to support them when they need help. Not saying that you have to go out with them, but being nice and being a friend to someone who might just need someone to say "you can do it" , Whats wrong with that?? I owe a lot to some of the great friends i have... because they are helping me sooo much with trying to lose weight. and it's been quite successful, given this doesn't happen over night. With out them i could do it.... but it helps when you have some one beside you who believes in you and wants to help you. And if your idea of "sexy" is someone being physically fit... then quit %#&@$!in about us fat people!!!! get off YOUR %#&@$! and if you know some one who is overweight ask them if they want to go joggin with you, or even just for a walk!!!! And by the way.... in case some of you airheads didn't know.... Obesity is an eating disorder as well!!!!! So when you are making fun of someone who is fat for being fat.... its like going up to a person who suffers from bulemiah or anorexia and saying you look fat in those jeans!!!! it's the same thing!!!!!!! Think of it like that. And also for the "fat bashers" out there.... You can't say that you do NOT have at least ONE friend or family member who is over weight!!! And not only that.... just because we are big... doesn't mean that people dno't like us.... like i said.... up where i live... the skinny girls trying to be big. So i guess i live in the perfect area for me!

Bodiquachica
Bodiquachica

Female, 33, Baltimore, MD

Posted April 20, 2007

It's sad how people can be so cruel to others.... you never know what you will push them to do.... luckily for me, i never gave a damn what people said about me, because i was made this way, and obviously God wanted me to be this way, but He will also give me the strength to make the changes i need to stay healthy.... and girly, He gave you another chance! and i think you are doing the right thing by speaking to people about it.... it's sad how people can make you feel... when everyone is beautiful, they just need to see things through Gods eyes!

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

willpower23
willpower23

Male, Age Private, Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted May 04, 2007

It is about being healthy and eating healthy no matter if your Latina or what. If a person is overweight they are not healthy and if they are skin nad bones that is not healthy. Hollywood, J Lo, Beonce, or whomever should not set the tone. It is about pushing that fatty food, grease, and alcohol away. Eat some green stuff and plenty of liquid with your meal and don't eat to feel good and you will start getting healthier.

Pressure...???? Let your body tell you how you feel. I know when I need to drop a few and put on a few.

don't kid yourself...If you haven't been to the gym in years, you know what's up. Yes, likley your weight.

Peace

Karl60
Karl60

Male, 58, Alvin, TX

Posted May 07, 2007

Latinas are the most gorgeous of all women in the world, really!
For all of the J Los and Salma Hayeks, there are millions just as gorgeous as they.

TinajaLove
TinajaLove

Female, Age Private, Rawlins, WY

Posted May 07, 2007

I know alot of people who have an eating disorder, including my own sister. She learned how to puke from a friend in highschool, some friend. she is dead now. The friend, not my sister. she went to treatment I think twice, but she still has the gag reflex ready at any moment............

TinajaLove
TinajaLove

Female, Age Private, Rawlins, WY

Posted May 07, 2007

Karl60
Karl60

Male, 58, Alvin, TX

Latinas are the most gorgeous of all women in the world, really!
For all of the J Los and Salma Hayeks, there are millions just as gorgeous as they.

Thank you!! I really agree.........

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 50, Jacksonville, FL

Posted May 10, 2007

Love_Lolita05
Love_Lolita05

Female, 41, Brooklyn, NY

While our nation struggles with obesity, there are millions of people who struggle with eating disorders daily. What do you think? Is our community as at risk as others? Have our famous faces given into celebrity pressure to be thin? (Jennifer Lopez, Rosario, America Ferrera, etc.) Sound off MG.....

Most of you latin girls aren't even trying to be skinny. Most of us horndog latin dudes like a little junk in the trunk so I think it works out. I think some white chicks like being rail thin but if you look around it's not like everyone's following their example. The truth is Americans in particular are a bunch of beer chugging, donut chewing, fatasses. We can't help it! You've got to live it up! What if you get hit by a bus tommorrow?

Showing 31-40 of 156