Sort comments by:

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Brooklyn, NY

Posted December 04, 2008

PapaDaca
PapaDaca

Male, 32, Tampa, FL

white rice?? how does that make you gain weight. Thats like the main food supply in asia. Last time I checked those asians cant gain weight till they come to the united states after several generations of good eating over comming fast metabolism genetics.

"All things in Moderation" White rice is an empty carb if you have too much of it. Asians also couple rice with lots of vegetables. Their diets do not comprise of the crap you see at "chinese" food takeout restaurants. Plus, they lead a much more active lifestyle than americans do. You're comparing apples to oranges here.

ann3tt3mssm
ann3tt3mssm

Female, 40, Houston, TX

Posted December 06, 2008

OK, ITS NOT THAT LATINAS AND EATING SHOULD BE A TOPIC, BUT IMA HELP YOU NOT GET THIS TOPIC TWIZTID..... THE LATINAS DONT WANT TO EAT TOO MUCH!!!! HAVE YOU CONCIDERED, THAT FOOD IS FREAKIN EXPENSIVE???? EVEN IF WE HAVE A JOB, MOST FAMILIES ARE SINGLE PARENT FAMILIES. AFTER THE RENT, BILLS, AND GAS, THERE IS LITTLE LEFT FOR GROCERIES!!!! MOST OF THE FOOD THAT IS AFFORDABLE IS RICE, BEANS AND FLOUR, SUGAR AND VERY LITTLE ELSE. DO YOU THINK US LATINAS LIKE EATING THAT DAY AFTER DAY???? WHAT EVER GOT YOU WRITING THIS, YOU NEED TO RETHINK YOUR VIEWS. NOW THAT THE COUNRTY IS RECESSION, I CHALLANGE YOU TO EAT THIS CRAP TO SURVIVE!!!!! SEE IF YOU ARE OR AREN'T GOING TO GAIN ANY WEIGHT!!!! I AM NOT MISS ANOREXIC, I AM A BIG GIRL, BUT NOT BY MUCH, I KNOW FIRST HAND ON THE POVERTY CRAP!!! RETHINK YOUR OPPINION!! IF I GET HATED FOR SPEAKING MY MIND, HERES A BIT OF ADVICE. ITS CALLED THE FRST AMENDMENT, SO IF I GET HATE MAIL HAHAH, IT WILL ROLL OF ME LIKE SWEAT!!!!!!

latin-stallion29
latin-stallion29

Male, 39, Yonkers, NY

Posted December 14, 2008

To be quite honest yall,' I've experienced many of our latinas getting overwhelmingly peer- pressured with the fact of looking too obese or not being skinny enough not only within the media but in generality. As far as i'm concerned our latina women weren't ever hardly been made to worry about such a subject but this americanized ignorant and newly conditioned norm of looking a certain way for the media and/ or public has gotten you embracing anything from bulimia to anorexia and even liposuction. Lipo is not healthy and you should really take the time and patience for the new year to not only watch how you eat but learn to cook and work harder to not only make your heart beat because, if it's not beating you ain't doing Nothing Jack!

Word of advice! You can eat what ever, but i recommend you actually start cooking healthier and eat greener plants like recaito and other's that consist of cholorophyll but most importantly get yo asses' in the gym 2-3 times a week and work hard.
Beauty don't come easy and for other's that were born with nice curvy- looking butts like J-lo and are lazy to keep them will in time surely lose it. Trust me' the high school latinas that were once hot in high school and never turn their eyes nor attention towards me are now getting the cold shoulder from my toned Arse! They looking fat, ugly and busted with kids.
Nuff Said' The Kid

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Brooklyn, NY

Posted December 15, 2008

ann3tt3mssm
ann3tt3mssm

Female, 40, Houston, TX

OK, ITS NOT THAT LATINAS AND EATING SHOULD BE A TOPIC, BUT IMA HELP YOU NOT GET THIS TOPIC TWIZTID..... THE LATINAS DONT WANT TO EAT TOO MUCH!!!! HAVE YOU CONCIDERED, THAT FOOD IS FREAKIN EXPENSIVE???? EVEN IF WE HAVE A JOB, MOST FAMILIES ARE SINGLE PARENT FAMILIES. AFTER THE RENT, BILLS, AND GAS, THERE IS LITTLE LEFT FOR GROCERIES!!!! MOST OF THE FOOD THAT IS AFFORDABLE IS RICE, BEANS AND FLOUR, SUGAR AND VERY LITTLE ELSE. DO YOU THINK US LATINAS LIKE EATING THAT DAY AFTER DAY???? WHAT EVER GOT YOU WRITING THIS, YOU NEED TO RETHINK YOUR VIEWS. NOW THAT THE COUNRTY IS RECESSION, I CHALLANGE YOU TO EAT THIS CRAP TO SURVIVE!!!!! SEE IF YOU ARE OR AREN'T GOING TO GAIN ANY WEIGHT!!!! I AM NOT MISS ANOREXIC, I AM A BIG GIRL, BUT NOT BY MUCH, I KNOW FIRST HAND ON THE POVERTY CRAP!!! RETHINK YOUR OPPINION!! IF I GET HATED FOR SPEAKING MY MIND, HERES A BIT OF ADVICE. ITS CALLED THE FRST AMENDMENT, SO IF I GET HATE MAIL HAHAH, IT WILL ROLL OF ME LIKE SWEAT!!!!!!

Hey.... relax there. LOL.

I don't think anyone's going to "hate" you for your views. That's not what this forum is about.
As for it being less expensive to eat poorly, I think that's a matter of opinion. Processed foods cost much more than fresh ones do. You need to incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet. Not only are they healthy, but they are cheap. Now prep time may take a while longer, but it's worth it in the long run. Even frozen vegetables are not as bad as a cheeseburger.
Girl- stop by your local Fiesta, they are cheap as hell. There's also farmer's markets that sell their fruits and veggies for great prices and they're really fresh. Rice and beans doesn't have to be the only affordable food. Even if it is what you are limited to, again- it's about portions. A healthy diet is all about balance. Most of us can do it, it just takes a little more effort. Cost is not an issue in my opinion. Also, getting out and exercising is what we have to do more of.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, San Jose, CA

Posted December 16, 2008

WELL I AM GLAD THAT THERE ARE THESE FORUMS OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO STATE THEIR VIEWS. I AM A 30 YEAR OLD LATINA AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OVERWEIGHT THROUGHOUT MY LIFE. I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GROSSLY FAT AND DIDN'T HAVE THE BEST SELF ESTEEM GROWING UP. i THINK THAT THE MEDIA PLAYED A SMALL PART BUT TO BE HONEST I THINK IT WAS MORE DUE TO ALL MY FRIENDS BEING TINY AND PETITE. NOW AS A 30 YEAR OLD WOMAN I FEEL SEXXY AS HELL AND YES I WORK OUT 3 TIMES A WEEK, AND I LOVE WORKING OUT. I TRY TO MAKE MY KIDS EAT HEALTHY BUT IT IS HARDER THAN YOU THINK. WELL THEY MOSTLY EAT WHAT EVER I MAKE BUT SOMETIMES I DONT HAVE TIME AND YES IM GUILTY OF THE MC DONALDS VALUE MENU CAUSE IM A SINGLE MOM AND A FULL TIME STUDENT PLUS I WORK PART TIME. i WORRY ABOUT MY KIDS AND ESPECIALLY MY GIRLS. I DONT WANT THEM TO GROW UP WITH A NEGATIVE VIEW ON THEIR BODIES, ALTHOUGH THEY ARE NO0T OVERWEIGHT BY MY STANDARDS I JUST TRY AND MAKE THEM STAY ACTIVE BECAUSE THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO HAVE THEM ESTABLISH GOOD HABITS, STAYING ACTIVE AND EATING THE GOOD FOODS TOO NOT JUST JUNK. I THINK AMERICA FERREIRA IS A GREAT ROLE MODEL SHE LOOKS GREAT AND SHE LOOKED GREAT WHEN SHE DID REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES AND SHE LOOKS GREAT IN UGLY BETTY. mY DAUGHTER WHO IS 12 LOVES THAT SHOW AND WE WATCH IT TOGETHER. I AM GLAD THAT THERE ARE LATINAS IN THE MEDIA THAT SHOW THE CURVES THAT WE ALL NATURALLY CARRY AS LATINAS.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, New York, NY

Posted December 23, 2008

While there is an issue with obsity and eating disorder in the U.S.A., the citizens of other nations in the world are starving to death not by choice, what an irony.

We waste food, we eat so much junk food, we eat excessive portions, and other go into a self-imposed starvation for the sake of vanity or as a result of an obsession with looking physically attractive.

What is this world coming to.

We should be thinking in terms of what is best for our health and longevity -- a better quality of life. This can help reduce health cost. Better working condition and work-place, safer and enjoyable living environment. Anything that will ultimately reduce STRESS, the number one cause for all of our illness.

Live and let live, enjoy life, try not to control things that in reality we cannot or should not attempt to control. Take care of yourselves first and yours and the rest will fall in place like Newton's law. But most of all, free yourself from the hate so you can focus on better things that will improve your quality of life!

The Charming Aviator

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Chicago, IL

Posted February 09, 2009

Im a b-d-b (big dck bandit) so eat what yall ladies want i can get through tha cusion. I like thick women so holla back throw back

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

Dulceyconclase
Dulceyconclase

Female, Age Private, Bloomington, IL

Posted March 08, 2009

Love Lolita 05 many morbidly obese, 100+ lbs. or more over weight do NOT live to eat. It's balance alright. Balancing not WHAT you eat, exercising (not necessarily at the gym!) more than what you take in calorie wise! THAT'S what balances you out in a weight reduction plan. Many over eat because they like the food they are eating not as comfort food, just because it tastes good and don't know when enough is enough! There IS O.A. Over Eaters Anonymous to help, a 12 step program support group.
Just because people are morbidly obese, obese, 10 # overweight, God created us all in His image, so how can we NOT all be beautiful?!

Revolution77
Revolution77

Male, 40, Hempstead, NY

Posted April 15, 2009

Peace Everyone, Latinas and Latinos in general are definitely at a high risk of being obese or having eating disorders. First, one of the heaviest dudes is actually a Latino from Mexico and secondly, many of us have more than 1 job and are constantly eating fast food. We eat all the wrong foods and many of our local restaurants carry unhealthy foods. This equates poor health and on top of that we are not active. We don't exercise after working many jobs, we are tired....How do we break away from this unhealthy lifestyle?

Peace,
Revolution77

Showing 111-120 of 156

<< Previous

1 ...

10 11 12 13 14

... 16

Next >>