Forums

Saying "I Love You" (279)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

shucomblah
shucomblah

Male, 33, Brooklyn, NY

Posted January 29, 2007

Yea it took my ex a while before acually sayin it back...... i guess its because she was sayin it to that other dude as well.,... %#&@$!in %#&@$! lol

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Paterson, NJ

Posted February 01, 2007

Lets change this topic to Who miss uses the words "I love you".....

I would say, the ladies do... LOl Hope I dont get killed ...lol

But,.. In the past few years, I heard it more then a few times,.... and they know damn well they didn't....lol. On my behalf I only used the actual words and meant it once.... with my ex.... I will admit, using it here and there, and not being able to explain it afterwards....

I clearly don't understand, when people say, I love you, but I am not in love with you...lol this is freaking confusing...lol.

What you guys think....

Men or women,... who is the one using it the most,... and BSing about it...?.....

buddahsexy
buddahsexy

Male, 47, Schenectady, NY

Posted February 03, 2007

I love you. Most people use it today so loosely that it is like saying " how you doing". It is sad, that many individuals on this site have very near sited visions about why people or even themselves use the term "i Love You" the way they do. I

I believe that It first comes from within. And I mean in all aspects, Psychologically, Emotionally and Spiritually. If you have found love to be real and understandable to you in a postive way, in these aspects of your life, Then and only then will you be able to use discretion, when choosing the definition for this term accordingly. Meaning, knowing how to use the term, and it's definition and with whom.

boriquamami4
boriquamami4

Female, 34, Toms River, NJ

Posted February 04, 2007

diiamOndchUlA
diiamOndchUlA

Female, 27, Beachwood, NJ

for me wen a guy tells me i love you i dont belive it cuz they have to prove it soo many people have been burnt before they scared to fall in love there for they dont want guys to say it as quickly or until they truly mean it

i agree except i learned the hard way...i fell inlove with a man who claimed 2 luv me. met him in aug, married him in nov, year later had his son which is now 19 months old and i just left him yes.... i cant say i dont honestly love him but i guess our relationshipwas based on a oneway street....i ended up lovin him while he ended up loving only himself.....i wont say i wont ever love again but im wearier now than b4...so 2 ya girls who havent done my mistake dont fall so fast even if they claimed that they'ed die 4 ur luv.....take it slow till u see he means what he says even if it takes a year or two...one luv....

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 40, Medford, MA

Posted February 04, 2007

Yoeme
Yoeme

Male, 46, Sacramento, CA

to bad english is not like spanish.

Yo te quiero vs. Yo te amo

English is I love you either way.

Nice point atRrReveTe. When in use clarify.

I totally agree.. My ex used to tell me once every few months, if that, that he loved me . And I took it as Te Amo... now, years later, I realized he did love me, just not the way I loved him.

Removed

Yoeme
Yoeme

Male, 46, Sacramento, CA

Posted February 06, 2007

Removed

1st, Sorry it took me so much time to get back to this.

I did not mean women do not deserve their respect, and the struggle i speack of has nothing to do with machismo.

We like people because of qualities we enjoy, but we love them for their imperfections.

Point is this, Opposites attrack, why??? It gives us the chance to grow, to go beyond the familiar, to expand our experiences.

But it is a risk, as life is, and we will have our disagreements, but we will also have great joys, if we take the chance, if we prepare to struggle.

Hanging out with those that are just like is cool, but will you grow?????????

That is why opposites attrack. And the two become as one, hopefully balanced.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Paterson, NJ

Posted February 06, 2007

I have read so much about love... Let me ask all you experienced people, ....

How long is love suppose to last?...

How many people are we to love in our life span?.....

and finally Why is it the people refuse to say they love you?....

Please explain in your own experiences...

Yoeme
Yoeme

Male, 46, Sacramento, CA

Posted February 07, 2007

Your questions have no absolute answer, since we are individuals. However let us speak of true love we not that love is about acceptance and appriciation. forgiveness, dreams and hope. It comes in the bad and good, and it bare all things.

Thus let us begin:

How long is love suppose to last?...
Depends on how much youput in. Can't make a withdraw if you do not have the funds.

How many people are we to love in our life span?.....
Everyone, but hopefully one romatically and spiritually.

Why is it the people refuse to say they love you?....
This question I love so much. FEAR, love is risk. It can bring the greatest of happiness or the greatest despair, many lack the courage to take the risk, that is why we have a high dicorce rate, and more people lioving outside of marriage. True love is a commitment. It is saying that I like for those things I enjoy, but love you for the differences. It is our difference that open us up to new possibilities and growth. To new discoveries about the world and ourselves. Thus to truely love someone is a commitment to grow with that person. Now some people think they do not need to grow, that they are fine the way they are, thus why take the risk?

Showing 21-30 of 279