Forums

Saying "I Love You" (279)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 40, Medford, MA

Posted February 07, 2007

there are no real answers to your questions. Everyone is different.

In my experience, I've romantically loved 3 people, all in different ways of course.

Love doesn't have an expiration date.. There is no set time to love/fall out of love.

People refuse to say I love you for different reasons. IT could be that they don't show emotions, that they don't feel the need to state the obvious, that they're afriad, that they don't want confuse you/themselves..etc..

Yoeme
Yoeme

Male, 46, Sacramento, CA

Posted February 07, 2007

what is love?

DYLAN THOMAS

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead men naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;

Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan't crack;

No more may gulls cry at their ears
Or waves break loud on the seashores;
Where blew a flower may a flower no more
Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
Though they be mad and dead as nails,
Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Paterson, NJ

Posted February 09, 2007

Love is more confusing then we think?

I have a questions for the ladies,... and I guess the men can answer if this know where I am coming from?...

But... Ladies >>> Why is that, you can live with someone, make a home, and yet still love another man?. in some cases have a child with this man.....Why do this to yourself?..Let me add,....And the man you love still loves you.

Pride? Fear? Need?Or straight up Hypocrites, To ones self, and to your partner.?.

I know damn, well before I meet another woman if ever?... I will not let love me, and yet I love someone else....

Ladies Teach me... Why those this happen?.... And it sucks, Because I bet this happens alot.......

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Washington, DC

Posted February 17, 2007

Love...(its soooo over-rated) especially these days. More often than not its some adolescent notion of what "love" should be(probubly seen on some type of teenie bopper movie) at some point... For me...in my life whenever the "i love you" speech came about i'd simply sit back and listen, with my shovel at my side...altho I'm alergic to bullsh\it...I'm not a total azzhole I do atleast let them finish saying it.

"the biggest obsticle of falling in love is finding someone that will catch you"
~annonymous~

"falling never proved good for anyone"
~annonymous~

So true...so very, very true...

BELLA_RIKAN
BELLA_RIKAN

Female, 32, Lowell, MA

Posted February 21, 2007

HEY TYSON U NEVER NEVER TELL A PERSON U LOVE THEM IF U REALLY DONT!! THATS JUST NOT RIGHT.. PLAYIN WIHT PPLS FEELINGS.. U PROBABLY MADE HER FEEL BETTER AT THAT TIME BUT THEN AFTER WHAT U GOINT TO DO? KEEP SAYIN I LOVE U TILL U GET TIRED ?? WELL THERE IS OTHER WAYS TO MAKE A PERSON FEEL BETTER HUNNY.. ;)

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 40, Medford, MA

Posted February 21, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Paterson, NJ

Love is more confusing then we think?

I have a questions for the ladies,... and I guess the men can answer if this know where I am coming from?...

But... Ladies >>> Why is that, you can live with someone, make a home, and yet still love another man?. in some cases have a child with this man.....Why do this to yourself?..Let me add,....And the man you love still loves you.

Pride? Fear? Need?Or straight up Hypocrites, To ones self, and to your partner.?.

I know damn, well before I meet another woman if ever?... I will not let love me, and yet I love someone else....

Ladies Teach me... Why those this happen?.... And it sucks, Because I bet this happens alot.......

Love isn't enough to sustain a home. More often than not you'll alwayas have feelings for the father/mother of your children. I will always love my exboyfriend but I would never in a million years take him back! We were just not meant to be..

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Paterson, NJ

Posted February 23, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 40, Medford, MA

Love isn't enough to sustain a home. More often than not you'll alwayas have feelings for the father/mother of your children. I will always love my exboyfriend but I would never in a million years take him back! We were just not meant to be..

So, what you telling me.....

You still love him, but wont take him back... Thats BULL... You dont love him.... You have the history of loving him.... and that forever will remain, . if your love was real, you will take him back....a million times in a year....lol

No offense,, I mean, if you love him then why not take chance,.. I mean,.. I bet you were alot younger, when it didnt work,... What about now?... You don't think it would?... Generally speaking for everyone.... Now your a bit older and more knowledge... more....experienced....It can the second time around if he/she gets that chance,.... Then if it doesnt, ... At least, this time closure provided.

I think we all play it safe, so that we don't get hurt,... Mean while we live our lives wondering, if they still or even if you still love this person....

Like I said, LOVE is more complicated then ever..

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 40, Medford, MA

Posted February 23, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Paterson, NJ

So, what you telling me.....

You still love him, but wont take him back... Thats BULL... You dont love him.... You have the history of loving him.... and that forever will remain, . if your love was real, you will take him back....a million times in a year....lol

No offense,, I mean, if you love him then why not take chance,.. I mean,.. I bet you were alot younger, when it didnt work,... What about now?... You don't think it would?... Generally speaking for everyone.... Now your a bit older and more knowledge... more....experienced....It can the second time around if he/she gets that chance,.... Then if it doesnt, ... At least, this time closure provided.

I think we all play it safe, so that we don't get hurt,... Mean while we live our lives wondering, if they still or even if you still love this person....

Like I said, LOVE is more complicated then ever..

Are you absolutely kidding me?

Of course I love him. Why won't I take him back? Hmm, because he married the woman he cheated on me with. Because they ahve three kids. Because he still calls me when he should be respecting her wishes.. Because ..umm..how much do you really want to know? cause I could go on for days..

You said it yourself, love is complicated. If you TRULY believe that everyone marries the ONLY person they love, than you're kinda delusional! LOL not saying that you believe that but if you did. well..nuff said.

Listen to this, I grew up in a tight knit friendship with like 10 people. We were inseperable. LIke brother and sister.. Just so close. We were in a youth group together and spent any spare moment with each other. I just f ound out that one of the guys was in love with me. Still is. That he always wanted to marry me and wanted to have a relationship. He still tells me he loves me. But we're not together.. Doesn't mean he doesn't love me.. Just means that life has gone different directions and that loving me is simply not going ot "conquer all". Love is complicated, you're absolutely right..

Bodiquachica
Bodiquachica

Female, 33, Baltimore, MD

Posted February 27, 2007

I'm going to have to sound very shallow.... but I've said I love you many times, and have only meant it to 2 guys my whole life. I think a lot of people get love and lust way too confused all of the time!!! Especially women.... always thinking just because a guy says he loves you , that you too, are in love... WRONG!!!! starts using your head!! It's not that hard to realize when a man only wants to get his rocks off!!!! and when you see that, if you don't want to be used for sex... CUT HIM OFF!!! If you don't cut him off, play his game! Use him for what he has in return. Make him feel the way he's making you feel!!!!

The best remeady to this for me i would have to say is I was raised by 3 men, my mom was always at work... so I'm not as stupid as a lot of women are. I'm not naive, and you think only men can use the words "I love you" to get what they want. Love is one thing everyone in the world wants and not that many people can truely find. I just say live it up and quit crying about it. If you think the guy is using you... LEAVE HIM!!!! And if you're that fed up with men treating you this way here's the only solution... Become a lesbian, becuase only a women is going to treat you better than a man!!!

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 39, Paterson, NJ

Posted February 28, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 40, Medford, MA

Are you absolutely kidding me?

Of course I love him. Why won't I take him back? Hmm, because he married the woman he cheated on me with. Because they ahve three kids. Because he still calls me when he should be respecting her wishes.. Because ..umm..how much do you really want to know? cause I could go on for days..

You said it yourself, love is complicated. If you TRULY believe that everyone marries the ONLY person they love, than you're kinda delusional! LOL not saying that you believe that but if you did. well..nuff said.

Listen to this, I grew up in a tight knit friendship with like 10 people. We were inseperable. LIke brother and sister.. Just so close. We were in a youth group together and spent any spare moment with each other. I just f ound out that one of the guys was in love with me. Still is. That he always wanted to marry me and wanted to have a relationship. He still tells me he loves me. But we're not together.. Doesn't mea
show more

No me mates...lol. I feel you though,.... Its very obvious,............
and messed up that he has 3 kids with her, and sit there calling you telling you he loves you... Talk about 2 face....

Congrats on moving on, best thing you did,. I take back what I said,,,,lol. I got the story now..lol So, I know.. why you didnt take him back...Don't blame you...

As per him calling, damn... Why they do that.... In my case,.. My ex wife calls me, but never about the kids...lol and when she calls, shes hiding from him... Why they do that?....

As per your other friend, that loves you.... Do you feel the same way for him?.....

Not going to sit here and say people don't love each other, but if they really want to emphasize thier love, ... then don't give up.. Your Ex...lol well obviously he needs to move on, and stop calling you,,,, but thats something, you have to control....I for one, need to take this advice, into consideration, lol. cause my ex...lol me tiene,,..lol pist off...lol.

but the fcuked up thing.... I truly believe we still lover each other She is married, and has a kids with him including my 2.... ?????Fcuked ing twisted minds, by the cause of LOVE....lol. I am moving on,,,... But that feeling forever lingers, ..lol.. and its sicking......very....

Complicated..lol. I rather go to Iraq....lol.

Showing 31-40 of 279