Forums

Levels of love: is there a difference? (195)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

atl-n-tica
atl-n-tica

Female, 30, Atlanta, GA

Posted March 18, 2007

well i have to say that some of you have good points but fortunately we are all different people and have different points of view in everything, and well the way i see it is that there are definetely levels of love. I believe that there is a difference between loving some one and being IN love with someone, i also believe that you dont just fall in love, you learn to fall in love. Most relationships start out of attraction or lust and later on is when everything changes and all the things that annoyed you about the other person all of a sudden become cute or unnoticeable... Love is when you care about that other person so much that if something happened to him/her you would be very upset but being IN love is if the same thing happened to that person you wish it would of happened to you instead.

sol_02
sol_02

Female, 34, Houston, TX

Posted March 22, 2007

atl-n-tica
atl-n-tica

Female, 30, Atlanta, GA

well i have to say that some of you have good points but fortunately we are all different people and have different points of view in everything, and well the way i see it is that there are definetely levels of love. I believe that there is a difference between loving some one and being IN love with someone, i also believe that you dont just fall in love, you learn to fall in love. Most relationships start out of attraction or lust and later on is when everything changes and all the things that annoyed you about the other person all of a sudden become cute or unnoticeable... Love is when you care about that other person so much that if something happened to him/her you would be very upset but being IN love is if the same thing happened to that person you wish it would of happened to you instead.

Amen to that...I couldn't have said it better!!!

romantic14u2luv
romantic14u2luv

Male, Age Private, Elmhurst, IL

Posted March 26, 2007

I do think there are different levels of love. You go thru them as you are with that person, unfortunetly we don't make it to the end all the time. That's what makes most of us up. We learn from them and we continue to grow because of them.. I feel that when you find that right someone, you are willing to do anything for them. It feels like, you can breath without them. They are apart of you and you of them. You think about them all the time and they are never far from your heart. You can actually talk to them for hours and never get tired. The passion you have when making love is unbelievable. You would actually give your life for them.

Yvette_c84
Yvette_c84

Female, 34, Deltona, FL

Posted March 29, 2007

When it comes to love I think there are a lot of people who don't understand it. Some claim to be "in love" but there not. Love is a form of sacrifice, When you're in love all you want is that persons happiness ... even if sometimes that happiness isn't w/ you.

I was in love with a guy who didn't love me back, he loved someone else but I was okay w/ that ... why? because I loved him and all I cared about was his happiness. I'm not gonna lie and say it didn't hurt, 'cause it did, but knowing that he was w/ someone who made him feel what he made me feel .... made it easier to let go

And that's where most people make a mistake b/c they don't want to let go and they end up saying "no one will love you like I do" or "I'm never letting you go" blah blah, but that's not love, that's obsession and there is a fine line between love and obsession and some of us can't tell the diffrence.

Just b/c you're "in love" w/ someone doesn't mean that sometimes you have to let go ... not all "soulmates end up together

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Plainview, TX

Posted April 01, 2007

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

Hey you do have a point but the word love means different things to different people.And you can love people in your life differently.The love you have for your parents can be different than that of your girlfriend that you love too.But chocolate is also another kindof love more like a craving or addiction.Oh and let's not go there because love also can be an addiction.I read in a magazine that love is like that because it adds something to your system that is like when you're used to caffeine and you don't get it.You'll start withdrawing.So i'll just leave you with those words.It all depends on the person you are and the way you think about love-and with that you interpret love your way!!!

Avino
Avino

Male, 36, Lynn, MA

Posted April 04, 2007

True love is spontaneous, its exciting, its adventure. It⿿s about having fun and also knowing when to be serious to get your things in order. But I also believe that love has to be more than just about the two of you. Perhaps caring for a child, planning a business, volunteering, working towards something together. Can you look at the person you love and say these are all the things I want to do, and in return that person will help you do them because they believe in you. And of course that has to be reciprocal between the each of you. You also have to respect each others time, privacy and priorities.

Puppy love, I think that is what more experienced people call a love that is being experienced for the first time. Puppy Love is probably a nice way of saying Foolish Love. What I mean by this, is that someone who is experiencing Puppy Love can be so easily blinded by their feelings that they forego priorities in their life for the person they love. For example, a High School student who doesn't do any homework because they spend all the time with their boyfriend or girlfriend. The end result is poorer grades and long term consequences such as not getting into a good college or a good job, which could eventually lead to the destruction of the relationship. This is a trivial example, but my point is the same, Puppy Love won⿿t become True Love unless you take care of yourself, each other and do the things that will help Puppy Love become True Love.

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

Male, Age Private, San Jose, CA

Posted April 06, 2007

TRUE LOVE VS. PUPPY LOVE. IT BREAKS DOWN PRETTY EASYLY, BY AGE...13-18 IS PUPPY LOVE
21-26 TRUE LOVE
ANYTHING IN BETWEEN YOU FIGURE OUT ON YOUR OWN, BY YOURSELF!!!

Removed

ynnovak
ynnovak

Female, 47, Blauvelt, NY

Posted April 16, 2007

there is...how can one explain?
you'll see,...it's when you don't have to ask that question any more.
suelte, have faith in your heart and instincts,
un abrazo

Removed

Showing 11-20 of 195