Forums

Levels of love: is there a difference? (195)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

Male, Age Private, San Jose, CA

Posted April 25, 2007

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

Like I said,,,holler at me when your over that age!!!
No disrespect!!!

prolific_nomad
prolific_nomad

Male, Age Private, Jersey City, NJ

Posted May 02, 2007

im a give ya a few definitions of love...

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

3. sexual passion or desire.

7. sexual intercourse; copulation.

12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.

20. to have sexual intercourse with.

and if ev'ry 1 knew this definition there wouldn't be so many troubled relationships:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8...

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.

and the many other different types of love that there are like:

Agape:
1. the love of God or Christ for humankind.
2. the love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind.
3. unselfish love of one person for another without sexual implications; brotherly love.

Eros:
4. (sometimes lowercase) physical love; sexual desire.

and a bunch of other ones i can't seem to remember right now!!!...

Damn!!!...lol!!!...peace!!!

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

Posted May 08, 2007

prolific_nomad
prolific_nomad

im a give ya a few definitions of love...

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

3. sexual passion or desire.

7. sexual intercourse; copulation.

12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.

20. to have sexual intercourse with.

and if ev'ry 1 knew this definition there wouldn't be so many troubled relationships:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8...

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
show more

Homie...
We're not talking about what people say Love is, but rather how we feel about it.
I'm not going to let a book of any sort tell me what love is...
Love is a feeleing and it has, apparently, different phases...we, the people make these phases according to our age, intensity of the LOVE feeling and/or many other facts about our lives....yo'all feel me?

GIRLS, please holler at me and tell me when the last time yo'll fell in love....

that's probably another topic tho'. I guess!!!

prolific_nomad
prolific_nomad

Posted May 08, 2007

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

Homie...
We're not talking about what people say Love is, but rather how we feel about it.
I'm not going to let a book of any sort tell me what love is...
Love is a feeleing and it has, apparently, different phases...we, the people make these phases according to our age, intensity of the LOVE feeling and/or many other facts about our lives....yo'all feel me?

GIRLS, please holler at me and tell me when the last time yo'll fell in love....

that's probably another topic tho'. I guess!!!

Ok!...1st of, u soundz like an ol' skool kat tryin' 2 get props from this forum by puttin' ur input that seriously does not touch base with me...for the simple fact, that it is not "age" (which by the way u don't want to show the rest of us...hmmmm!!!!)...it is by "experience"...which apparently, u do not pertain 'cuz ev'ry 1 knows that its' more than just a so-called "feelin' like u put it and to comment and say that "ev'ry 1 knows is a feelin' "...u're speakin' for ev'ry 1and frankly, if u're the spokesperson for this forum...then, i feel sorry 4 the ppl that agree with u...so do me a favor in a very nonchalant type of a way im gonna tell u this..."them ol' pimpin', mackin', wannabe player days" are over and i can tell ol' man that 'chu still livin' in them days by ur comment...leave them ol' comments in the past as well as urself don't try to drag any 1 else with 'chu...cuz it aint cool!!!...ol' fool!!!...im not offended!!!...just disappointed!!!...peace!!!...w ouldn't wanna be ya!!!...

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

Posted May 10, 2007

prolific_nomad
prolific_nomad

Ok!...1st of, u soundz like an ol' skool kat tryin' 2 get props from this forum by puttin' ur input that seriously does not touch base with me...for the simple fact, that it is not "age" (which by the way u don't want to show the rest of us...hmmmm!!!!)...it is by "experience"...which apparently, u do not pertain 'cuz ev'ry 1 knows that its' more than just a so-called "feelin' like u put it and to comment and say that "ev'ry 1 knows is a feelin' "...u're speakin' for ev'ry 1and frankly, if u're the spokesperson for this forum...then, i feel sorry 4 the ppl that agree with u...so do me a favor in a very nonchalant type of a way im gonna tell u this..."them ol' pimpin', mackin', wannabe player days" are over and i can tell ol' man that 'chu still livin' in them days by ur comment...leave them ol' comments in the past as well as urself don't try to drag any 1 else with 'chu...cuz it aint cool!!!...ol' fool!!!...im not offended!!!...just disappointed!!!...peace!!!...w ouldn't wanna be ya!!
show more

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE WHO READ THE LAST TWO OR THREE COMMENTS TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION ON THIS FOOL AND MYSELF AND SEE WHO GETS THE MOST FAVORABLE COMMENTS...IF YOU ALL WILL..

HE'S SAYING THAT I'M "speakin' for ev'ry 1" AND HE'S WHAT... DEFENDING EVERYONE?, C'MON DUDE GROW UP AND LET THE CROWDS DECIDE WHO's RIGHT OR WRONG,,,,......HOMIE...

I'M 32 BTW.... :{-

CONUCA

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 50, Jacksonville, FL

Posted May 10, 2007

priscilla8
priscilla8

Female, Age Private, Flushing, NY

Is there really a difference between true love and puppy love? If so what is it? How do you know if you truly love someone?

If you're in love and it's not just lust, which isn't a bad thing, then there aren't any levels because whether you're angry, disappointed, happy or sad about the person you're in love with you still love them it's just mixed up with a bit of emotion but the love doesn't change it's your state of mind that changes. If you're pissed you might say you love them less, if they made your day you might say that you love them more than ever but in the end either you do or do not love them the rest is just seasoning.

prolific_nomad
prolific_nomad

Posted May 10, 2007

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE WHO READ THE LAST TWO OR THREE COMMENTS TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION ON THIS FOOL AND MYSELF AND SEE WHO GETS THE MOST FAVORABLE COMMENTS...IF YOU ALL WILL..

HE'S SAYING THAT I'M "speakin' for ev'ry 1" AND HE'S WHAT... DEFENDING EVERYONE?, C'MON DUDE GROW UP AND LET THE CROWDS DECIDE WHO's RIGHT OR WRONG,,,,......HOMIE...

I'M 32 BTW.... :{-

CONUCA

Im not here to compete...like this some political type of debate trying 2 get favorable votes...obviously, you lack attention that 'chu never gotten maybe while growin' up so get into forums like this 2 get the attention that 'chu lack thereof...this ain't a "popularity contest"...i don't care if ppl agree with me or not!...'cuz my opinion is my opinion...and im not trying 2 push it on others like u doin'!?...so really the only thing that i apologize for is ur "ignorance"...and ur issue of needin' for ppl 2 agree 4 u!!!...if i've offended u...hey!, thats' life!!!...peace!!!..."ignoranc e" is not bliss!!!

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

Posted May 10, 2007

prolific_nomad
prolific_nomad

Im not here to compete...like this some political type of debate trying 2 get favorable votes...obviously, you lack attention that 'chu never gotten maybe while growin' up so get into forums like this 2 get the attention that 'chu lack thereof...this ain't a "popularity contest"...i don't care if ppl agree with me or not!...'cuz my opinion is my opinion...and im not trying 2 push it on others like u doin'!?...so really the only thing that i apologize for is ur "ignorance"...and ur issue of needin' for ppl 2 agree 4 u!!!...if i've offended u...hey!, thats' life!!!...peace!!!..."ignoranc e" is not bliss!!!

I HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING KID.....
I'M NOT MUCH OLDER THAT YOU BUT A LOT WISER.....

ATTENTION?
POPULARITY CONTEST?
ARE YOU TRING TO GET SIMPATHY BY USING REVERSE PSHYCOLOGY? aawwww how sweet!!!!

OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE CONTEST LOOK LIKE...HUH?
I DIDN'T GET HOW YOU WERE EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION EARLIER...LOOKED LIKE YOU COPIED AND PASTED FROM SOMEWHERE......CHECK YOURSELF HOMIE!!!

I THOUGH FORUMS WERE INVENTED TO EXPRESS IDEAS, THOUGHTS, CREATE CONTROVERSY, DEBATE ETC, ETC..AND YOU'RE TELLING ME NOT TO EXPRESS MYSELF...

QUE PINCHE IGNORANTE ERES HOMIE...

PLEASE NO NEED TO REPLY....LIKE I SAID BEFORE " GROW UP" !!!

SORRY priscilla8 Let's go back to your TOPIC

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 50, Jacksonville, FL

Posted May 10, 2007

M_A_G_N_U_M
M_A_G_N_U_M

I HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING KID.....
I'M NOT MUCH OLDER THAT YOU BUT A LOT WISER.....

ATTENTION?
POPULARITY CONTEST?
ARE YOU TRING TO GET SIMPATHY BY USING REVERSE PSHYCOLOGY? aawwww how sweet!!!!

OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE CONTEST LOOK LIKE...HUH?
I DIDN'T GET HOW YOU WERE EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION EARLIER...LOOKED LIKE YOU COPIED AND PASTED FROM SOMEWHERE......CHECK YOURSELF HOMIE!!!

I THOUGH FORUMS WERE INVENTED TO EXPRESS IDEAS, THOUGHTS, CREATE CONTROVERSY, DEBATE ETC, ETC..AND YOU'RE TELLING ME NOT TO EXPRESS MYSELF...

QUE PINCHE IGNORANTE ERES HOMIE...

PLEASE NO NEED TO REPLY....LIKE I SAID BEFORE " GROW UP" !!!

SORRY priscilla8 Let's go back to your TOPIC

Um... sorry to stir the pot further but prolific nomad's kind of right. You typing in ALL CAPS was a dead giveaway.

Regarding the topic of being right which is more subjective than you think, you getting people to agree with you on a forum like this doesn't make you right. Given a different group of posters the eventual outcome would change. Place the item up for debate in third world country where you're lucky to have indoor plumbing, being right may not even be an issue.

Everyone has the right to post what's on their mind, you can't police their thoughts. Just respectfully retort, no need to call a brother out.

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

Showing 21-30 of 195