Forums

Levels of love: is there a difference? (195)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

Moescorner
Moescorner

Female, 37, Flushing, NY

Posted May 11, 2007

The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) is allowing SIX CORPORATIONS to own and control our media, at the public's interest expense. If you see what is wrong with this picture please take a few minutes to tell the FCC how you feel. Dismantling media consolidation is one of the crucial steps to restoring our democracy. We need to restore DIVERSITY and FREEDOM of the press.
Mailing address:
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th street SW
Washington, DC 20554
Fax: 1-866-418-0232
Spread the Word!

prolific_nomad
prolific_nomad

Male, Age Private, Jersey City, NJ

Posted May 11, 2007

Moescorner
Moescorner

Female, 37, Flushing, NY

The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) is allowing SIX CORPORATIONS to own and control our media, at the public's interest expense. If you see what is wrong with this picture please take a few minutes to tell the FCC how you feel. Dismantling media consolidation is one of the crucial steps to restoring our democracy. We need to restore DIVERSITY and FREEDOM of the press.
Mailing address:
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th street SW
Washington, DC 20554
Fax: 1-866-418-0232
Spread the Word!

definitely, when i get the chance i will...peace!!!

buddahsexy
buddahsexy

Male, 47, Schenectady, NY

Posted May 11, 2007

Wow, the last few back and forths between prolific and Magnum was really unneccesary. you both have the right to voice your opinions, especially on a public forum with such a general topic of discussion. However, I do believe that if you are going to voice your opinion on such a general topic such as love being on different levels, and are there differences, You must make sure that you are stating your opinions on the topic on hand. If you have another idea that you would like to add, state it in your comment. Let the other readers understand where you stand in your opinion and also what other issues you feel may arise because of this issue.

My opinion is that Yes there are different levels of love. The Love you have for your parents is not the same love you have for your wife/husband. And the love you share for your significant other is not the love you have for your kids. Love is love and that is the bottom line. However, How you display your love for any individual depends on the relationship you share with them. You can have love for your homeboy but that does not mean you want to marry him. That is a love you develop with a female you wish to share your life with. Of course, I do agree with what prolific nomad wrote about love, but at the same time Magnum is correct in saying that this is not what we are discussing. Not the definition of love, but the levels of love and the differences

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 50, Jacksonville, FL

Posted May 12, 2007

buddahsexy
buddahsexy

Wow, the last few back and forths between prolific and Magnum was really unneccesary. you both have the right to voice your opinions, especially on a public forum with such a general topic of discussion. However, I do believe that if you are going to voice your opinion on such a general topic such as love being on different levels, and are there differences, You must make sure that you are stating your opinions on the topic on hand. If you have another idea that you would like to add, state it in your comment. Let the other readers understand where you stand in your opinion and also what other issues you feel may arise because of this issue.

My opinion is that Yes there are different levels of love. The Love you have for your parents is not the same love you have for your wife/husband. And the love you share for your significant other is not the love you have for your kids. Love is love and that is the bottom line. However, How you display your love for any individua
show more

I hear ya brother but what I think you're adding is that there are different types of love, but not addressing these so called levels within these types,i.e. I really love my girlfriend, I kind of love my girlfriend, I love my girlfriend but right now I ain't feeling her. Because the question was posed in the "Romance" forum I had to assume that it did not include other types of love such as parental love, brotherly love, love for your pets and if anyone here has romantic love for there pets, get some help!

Ok so give that we're posting in the "romance" section and not the any kid of love section then the question only applies to romantic love and my feeling is that either you have it or you don't. If you say you only love someone on Monday, Wednesday, Friday how did you turn that off the rest of the week. Or could you say... welll I just love you a little today, only about half a cup. Tommorrow might be 3/4 cup but you've got to really work on it? I feel that romantic love, if you truly have to begin with can often be mixed with many emotions which may make you feel a bit differently at times but essentially, althugh love may be mixed with disappointment, it remains part of your relationship. That's just my view and my experience on the matter but I think others may experience similarly.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 43, Haverhill, MA

Posted May 14, 2007

There is a big difference.
Puppy Love is more when you are a teenager, like your first love.
You may fall in love many times, and you will also notice that with each time, you love differently. It is hard to say how do you know if you are truly in love or is this the love you have been waiting for.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted May 14, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

There is a big difference.
Puppy Love is more when you are a teenager, like your first love.
You may fall in love many times, and you will also notice that with each time, you love differently. It is hard to say how do you know if you are truly in love or is this the love you have been waiting for.

Puppy love is almost always infatuation. If you fall in love every other week, it's probably not love at all. I've been in love twice and felt exactly the same way each time. Love doesn't change, only your perception of it.

buddahsexy
buddahsexy

Posted May 14, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

I hear ya brother but what I think you're adding is that there are different types of love, but not addressing these so called levels within these types,i.e. I really love my girlfriend, I kind of love my girlfriend, I love my girlfriend but right now I ain't feeling her. Because the question was posed in the "Romance" forum I had to assume that it did not include other types of love such as parental love, brotherly love, love for your pets and if anyone here has romantic love for there pets, get some help!

Ok so give that we're posting in the "romance" section and not the any kid of love section then the question only applies to romantic love and my feeling is that either you have it or you don't. If you say you only love someone on Monday, Wednesday, Friday how did you turn that off the rest of the week. Or could you say... welll I just love you a little today, only about half a cup. Tommorrow might be 3/4 cup but you've got to really work on it? I feel that romantic
show more

I agree, and your right I was speaking about different types of loves. However it was to actually share a point with magnum and prolifics back and forth on the differences of opinion and how although we may not agree entirely on an issue, we should at least keep an open mind in understanding how other people see and experience things.

However, I can't say that I see your point with the amount of loves given on any given day of the week. Although you are correct in the fact that this is a romantic forum, the question still stands "different levels of love" not amounts of love given in a relationship. My views on this is that If you love someone sincerely, in a serious romantic relationship, you will go through ups and downs that may seem like you love them today but hate them tommorrow because of something they said or did that you would consider hurtful. However, love conquers all. As far as puppy love, it is what it is. This love is not love but LUST. This is when you think you found the cutest boy or the fines girl in the world and nothing else is wrong when they are in your presence or speak to you on the phone. Now that can easily be mistaken for true love, but let something serious happen, or something cuter or finer come along, trust me that puppy goes right out the window and into a new relationship.

Let's be very careful in not mistaking the realities of life that can help an individual constitute what love means in their individual life. We all have an individual past with individual experiences. and becuase of this we can't speak for the population as a whole. We can only speak for ourselves.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted May 14, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Puppy love is almost always infatuation. If you fall in love every other week, it's probably not love at all. I've been in love twice and felt exactly the same way each time. Love doesn't change, only your perception of it.

so, you can honestly say that you loved them both the same way...

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted May 14, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

so, you can honestly say that you loved them both the same way...

Yes!

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted May 14, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Yes!

really?
see, I've had two relationships in my life, and I cant say i loved them the same way...but thats just me...

Showing 31-40 of 195