Forums

Levels of love: is there a difference? (195)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

latinasexy09
latinasexy09

Female, 44, Bronx, NY

Posted October 27, 2009

Yes their is a difference of a level of love...you can love anyone for different reasons but u can only be truly IN love with one person...being in love and loving someone is two different things

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Enterprise, AL

Posted November 05, 2009

I dont know if there is a difference or levels of love but there are peaks and valleys in any relationship. Since all relationships have ups and down, your personal feelings will change accordingly. Remember there is a very thin line between love and hate...Kevin

2LaidBack2Care
2LaidBack2Care

Male, 52, Plainfield, NJ

Posted November 13, 2009

I'd like to apologize to the many members who have replied to this post. I didn't read ANY of your remarks because i was pressed for time. Do not take this as a slight OR a dis and please excuse me if someone has already touched on the point I'm about to make.

There are 2 kinds/levels of love and they are CONDITIONAL and UNCONDITIONAL. CONDITIONAL LOVE is based on sexual attraction, convience and selfishnes. The length of the relationship doesn't matter because many marriages that ended in divorced were carried by years of "conditional love". Conditional love takes great measures to avoid obstacles in which the validity of the relationship will be established. Conditional love won't stand the test of time nor will it try to weather any storm that will come its way. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is the level of love that is very difficult to obtain but is worth every effort given towards it. You love your family (mother/father/children/husban d/wife) UNCONDITIONALLY. All others falls into the CONDITIONAL bracket.

There are only 2 levels of love.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 40, Hoboken, NJ

Posted January 20, 2010

1 Corinthians 13
1IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such [a]as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2And if I have prophetic powers ([b]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God's love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).

3Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or [c] in order that I may glory, but have not love (God's love in me), I gain nothing.

4Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

5It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

6It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.

7Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

8Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy ([d]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].

9For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy (our teaching) is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect).

10But when the complete and perfect (total) comes, the incomplete and imperfect will vanish away (become antiquated, void, and superseded).

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.

12For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as [e]in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand [f]fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been [g]fully and clearly known and understood [[h]by God].

13And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.

squ3ky
squ3ky

Female, 25, Newport News, VA

Posted February 12, 2010

guys say they love u but do they mean it ? are they sincerly talking to you from the heart?. nobody knows only him. love is something to charish withe one you love.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Upper Darby, PA

Posted February 21, 2010

1st John 4:7

"And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
www.theholyconceptionunit.org
www.thecomforter.info

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Upper Darby, PA

Posted February 21, 2010

Also 1st John 4:8

"And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
www.theholyconceptionunit.org
www.thecomforter.info

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 40, Hoboken, NJ

Posted March 18, 2010

drop by my page and check me out so we could continue this on a higher level...Jesus is the complete and only embodiment of true, pure real love(the unconditional kind that you're lookin' for)Holla@'cha boi!!!

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 40, Hoboken, NJ

Posted April 06, 2010

Romans 15:5 (Read Whole Chapter)
Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,

Romans 1:12 (Whole Chapter)
That is, that we may be mutually strengthened and encouraged and comforted by each other's faith, both yours and mine.

Showing 171-180 of 195