Forums

Levels of love: is there a difference? (195)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

priscilla8
priscilla8

Female, Age Private, Flushing, NY

Posted February 12, 2007

Is there really a difference between true love and puppy love? If so what is it? How do you know if you truly love someone?

priscilla8
priscilla8

Posted February 12, 2007

Check out my new group True_Love_Seekers

da_rock
da_rock

Female, 43, Philadelphia, PA

Posted February 13, 2007

There are levels of love, even for adults. When you date someone for a while, and you're getting along and everything is great, that's the puppylove stage. But it's not until that one defining moment, that one connection, that it becomes a real, deep kind of love. It might be when the both of you realize you feel the same way about a passionate topic, or you realize you need to be next to this person all the time. That's when the real love kicks in. Just my 2 cents.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Chicago, IL

Posted February 13, 2007

I believe that you have reached true love when you and your love one is in a room and nothing has to be said to feel comfortable. When you start thinking about your love one's feeling before yours. When all you have to do is think about that person and it brings and it bring a smile to your face. When you feel all giddy inside knowing that in a few hours you will be able to be in his arms again.

priscilla8
priscilla8

Posted February 14, 2007

I agree with both of you ladies. I also wanted to add that I do think it has something to do with where you yourself are in life and how comfortable you are in your own skin. For instance, my last relationship was totally different from the relationship I'm in now, mainly because I AM so different...more mature, stronger, aware, etc. In my last relationship I was completely taken advantage of, I mean don't get me wrong the guy is a sexist jerk [[that's not how I usually refer to him btw, just trying to remain civil, lol]], but I also recognize that I allowed him to sort of walk all over me because I was in such a vulnerable time in my life, NOW?? heh, *mira ver*...will never happen. My current bf is the complete opposite by nature (which helps and adds to the dynamic of our relationship) but somehow I feel like it's the energy I put out that attracted someone like him...am I making any sense? I'll end it here for now...

LaChilenaBella
LaChilenaBella

Female, 40, Milwaukee, WI

Posted February 15, 2007

I think that in order to have a truly healthy relationship, no matter what stage of your life, you still have to hold onto a large part of yourself. So many people make the mistake of letting go of some or all of their interests and devote their entire lives to their signifigant other. I think that YOU are the person that your partner fell in love with, and to change that, is unfair both to you and your man/woman. It is good to share interests and to do things together, but there has to be a balance. At least that's what works for myself and my husband. Every so often, I have dinner, drinks or whatever with my girlfriends and he once in a while does things with his friends or brothers. We also make it a point to go out on a date every once in a while without the children. After things like so, we feel rejuvenated and ready to face our everyday lives once again.

JelisLust
JelisLust

Male, 29, Los Angeles, CA

Posted February 18, 2007

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Chicago, IL

I believe that you have reached true love when you and your love one is in a room and nothing has to be said to feel comfortable. When you start thinking about your love one's feeling before yours. When all you have to do is think about that person and it brings and it bring a smile to your face. When you feel all giddy inside knowing that in a few hours you will be able to be in his arms again.

You know you found someone special wen u cud jes sit next to dem en share silence together..I've done dat b4.

Removed

The content you are trying to view has been removed.

snoopy21
snoopy21

Female, 41, Chicago, IL

Posted March 10, 2007

love is washing someones dirty underwear for years and years...

LOL

Showing 1-10 of 195

1 2 3 4 5

... 20

Next >>