A MEMO TO ALL YOU "ACTIVE" BOSTON RED SOX FANS OF THIS GROUP:
Last Sunday (Easter Sunday) I invaded the NYYFC (New York Yankee Fan Club)for 3 days and issued their owners/moderators/bandwagon jumping legion to an open debate regarding Yankee/Red Sox history as well as baseball knowledge. I made it pretty clear to them that I was a BOSTON RED SOX FAN and that I had no intention of switching sides. I understood, wholeheartedly, that I was in a hostile enviroment and expected to be ridiculed, called out, taunted and harrased for my beliefs. While I found the debate (which lasted 3 days) to be quite entertaining the only proof of it actually taking place would be a posting section called "Problems In The Group". You should read their side of the story..it's quite good actually. It's THE most perfect example of damage control that I've seen in quite a while. To say that I pretty much handed them their azzaz and changed the way they viewed themselves as fans AND as a group would be an understatement. Right now the moderator of the group is urging all 7,000 members of the group to re-post pics of themselves sporting Yankee apparel (shirts, hats, cups etc.) to prove to ME that they don't have group of "faceless, nameless bandwagon jumpers" amongst themselves...unlike the RED SOX GROUP. I'm flattered that I making such a difference..after all...the team itself was pretty much established by an ex-Red Sox by the name of Babe Ruth.
Back to the matter at hand. As I stated before, anyone who happens to read the posts from that section will only get a 1-sided view of what took place. To their credit, they got all the deatils of the verbal azz-whuppin' correct. What's missing..the words that contributed to the beatdown. What was inaccurate...the mere fact that THEY emerged victorious once the dust settled. Ask yourselves the following question. Wouldn't a group that claimed victory leave all the posting viewable for thier "fanbase" to see? What would be the reason for hiding a victory that you so boastfully stated took place? The reason is simple...because it NEVER HAPPENED. The posts were deleted to hide the shame and embarassment that took place over a week ago IN YOUR OWN GROUP. You banned the "offender", deleted his AND your posts for future reference then posted a lopsided version of a debate that NOBODY could call you on. How pathetic.
Since the moderators of the NYYFC decided to fabricate their version of what took place please allow me to fill in the missing pieces to the puzzle for my red, white and blue brethren/sisters.
1. PROFILE: As I stated I was there to debate baseball, however the moderators of the group decided to target my pic and profile claiming that I was a "confused individual with a fraudulant profile". In other words I was a walking misrepresentation of myself in the face of the MG community. This little battle went on for 3 days and I responded to it on the final day (before being removed from the group). Here's how I responded:
SINCE MY BACKGROUND/PROFILE SEEMS TO INTRIGUE YOU LET ME TELL YOU THIS..MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS CUBAN AND MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS AFRICAN AMERICAN. THE PIC I SELECT IS UP TO ME THE OWNER OF THE PAGE, WHICH EVERY MG MEMBER HAS THE RIGHT TO APPLY AS HE/SHE LIKES. MUCH LIKE YOUR GROUP WHICH HAS MANY NAMELESS/FACELESS PROFILES OF FOLKS WHO CLAIM TO BE YANKEE FANS. THE "WHITE GUY" IN MY PIC,AS YOU REFERRED TO HIM, IS A CUBAN BY THE NAME OF JOSE CANSECO. THE MERE FACT THAT YOU DIDNT KNOW WHO HE WAS IS NOT ONLY A SLAP IN THE FACE TO YOUR SO-CALLED KNOWLEDGE OF BASEBALL BUT AN INSULT TO YOU AS A LATIN AMERICAN WHICH YOU CLAIM TO BE AS WELL.
The real kicker is that if the moderators had taken the time to read the entries on my page, viewed my links or read ANY of my blogs they would've realized the error of their ways. Idiots.
2. RACISM: One of the moderators decided to use a popular arguement (which IS true) that Boston treats its non-white players with disrespect. I fired back with a list of WHITE players/managers that were treated just as badly and I stated that I would be soon posting a list on NON-WHITE players in the Yankees treated pretty badly (never got a chance to because I was booted out by then..LOL). Here's what got me removed. The moderator who talked about Boston's racist/prejudice ways referred to Jim Rice as "Uncle Ben" and said that ME being accepted into the Yankee group would be like "Charles Barkley asking the KKK where do I sign up". I pointed to him that based on his remarks he was pretty much "the pot calling the kettle black" and that HIS words bordered on the Rush Limbaugh side of town. Oh, I KNOW I struck a nerve on that one.
3. TEAM HISTORY: Any fool can recite 27 titles, 1978, Bucky Dent..but to NOT know basic team history is a damn outrage. The loudmouth of the group..the one with the cup in his hand...decided to speak for all of Yankee nation in regards to who was considered a "REAL YANKEE" . He later talks about his utter distain for Roger Clemens (whos name he spelled CLEMMONS) becuase HE was solely responcible for his hero Andy Pettite's admittance to steroids. Don't laugh. Folks, let me say this...every which way I F"D him up on that one. From the mispelling of Clemens to the "steroids" (which on a sidenote: he talked about Manny and Papi...as if Giambi, Andy, Castillo and A-Rod NEVER touched the stuff as YANKEES). While those were easy marks I questioned his loyalty to George Steinbrenner who's famous for saying "Once you don the pinstripes...you're ALWAYS considered a Yankee". If you're a true believer of Yankee pride/tradition then YOUR VIEWS SHOULD BE THOSE OF YOUR OWNERS. Anything else makes you a fraud and a bandwagon jumper.
4. JIM RICE: The ignorance just flew off the charts on this topic. Jim Rice was a known Yankee killer, went 1-3 against the Yankees in the "Bucky Dent" game and is a Hall of Famer yet he was described as a "bum" as a player by the Mr. Loudmouth becuase he had NO WS TROPHIES. So...I guess that would mean one of THE most revered Yankees of all-time should share the "BUM" title as well....and that would be Don Mattingly (who incidentally ISN'T in the Hall of Fame...which would put him below BUM status..dont ya think?). Now you understand why they HAD to delete EVERYTHING.
5. THE BIG LIE: During our back and forth banter I was definately under the impression that I wouldn't with the group for long. The 5 active posters (out of 7,000) were holding a tribal council in regards to my stauts. During day 2 I told Loudmouth that I could be booted or voted off but I wasn't leaving on my own. I said to him and I quote "YOU COULD BOOT ME OUT OR BOTE ME OUT I DON'T CARE EITHER WAY ITS A WIN/WIN SITUATION FOR ME. BUT BE SURE TO DELETE ALL MY POSTS BECAUSE I WOULDN'T WANT ANYTHING YOU'VE SAID TO BE HELD AGAINST YOU". He responded that he would leave the postings up to show MY ignorance for every member in the group and for any other person on MG that tries to INVADE their group. Especially one that roots for the Red Sox. Well...obviously SOMEBODY thought the things he said shouldn't be held against him so they deleted the entries/posts altogether. By banning me from the room they could save face and post their lopsided version of events without fear of a rebuttal from yours truely. That's not going out like a winner...that's going out like a straight beeeyach. And as Busta Rhymes used to say "beeyachs talk @#$% and then abandon ship".
Well...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.