September 09, 2009
December 14, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Latin hip hop, Rap, Reggae
Afro Cuban, Alternative Rock, Break beat, Classical, Down Tempo, Eclectic and Salsa., Electro, Hip hop, House music, Jazz, Latin, Progressive, R&B, Rap, Reggae, Reggaeton, Rock, World Music, funky
Total Songs Added:
Raised in Miami, Florida Qba Libre is the newest explosion of bilingual Latin, Reggae and Hip-Hop. Early on Qba began working with an array of talented producers, including Mike Biardi of Soundfile Productions; solidifying his inimitable style and creating his own distinctive blend of Caribbean, Latin, Hip-Hop and Reggae.
Qba's unique style provided him with the opportunity to work regularly in The Sunset Marquee Studio, one of the most well-known and respected studios in the U.S.. An opportunity which lead to his track Makuta being featured on the new Culver City Dub Collective alongside such well know artists as Ben Harper and Jack Johnson. Qba has recorded several tracks for the Nu Sounds of L.A. compilation with well-known UK producer David Harrow, flanked by tracks from members of the underground sensation The Visionaries. He recently became one of the very first Latino’s to ever be featured on a compilation of Bob Marley remixes with his remix of the classic track Fussing and Fighting. To follow that up Qba wrote and was featured on Somaya Reece’s track Mira Mi Pum-Pum, which broke online records, accruing over 3 million hits in just six weeks. Most recently his track Sweat for Me was featured on Showtime’s hit show Sleeper Cell and his tracks Nada & God Damn both appeared in the independent movie Border Lost, which recently premiered at a Latin Film Festival. Other recent placements include God Damn which appeared on Lions Gate Films “Confessions of a Street Fighter’ and the same track was used in the EA video game Need for Speed Undercover which went platinum and sold over 1,000,000 copies.
1. “God Damn” has been placed in the new “EA” video game Need for Speed Undercover which went platinum and sold over 1,000,000 copies, also Lions Gate Films Confessions of a Street Fighter and Independent film Border Lost.
2. “Sweat for me” has been placed in Showtime’s hit series Sleeper Cell.
3. “Nada Con Nosotros” has been placed in Independent film Border Lost.
4. Qba Libre wrote and featured on Somaya Reece’s track “Mira mi Pum Pum” which broke Internet records, accruing over 3 million plays’s in just 6 weeks.
5. Qba’s track Makuta was featured on the new Culver City Dub Collective alongside artists such Ben Harper and Jack Johnson.
6. Qba Libre has dropped 2 EP’s and is in process of rereleasing his EP from Cuba 2 Miami.
7. Qba Libre is in the process of shooting his first video of his hit single “God Damn